DiamondPleat WTW-0109 (Pleatco PWW50)
Save up to 40% Off RRP when you buy 4 or more WTW-0109 hot tub filters
DiamondPleat WTW-0109 – Replaces Pleatco PWW50 / Darlly SC714 / Unicel 6CH-940.
This WTW-0109 / PWW50 / SC714 / 6CH-940 filter cartridge replaces the following filter manufacturer ref codes:
Great Barrier 8550
This replacement PWW50 filter has 45 sq ft of genuine Reemay filter medium and a pleat count of 225.
The PWW50 filter top end cap is a closed handle and the bottom end cap is a coarse male SAE 1 1/2 inch (3.8cm) thread.
How often should I clean my hot tub filters?
Our filters are designed to keep your hot tub water crystal clear for up to twelve months. This life span is when used in conjunction with a proper maintenance regime. We recommend that you chemically clean your PWW50 filter on a monthly basis. This will therefore ensure that your filters remain free of debris and provide good quality filtration.
If you want a quick and easy filter cleaning solution in between deep chemical cleans, you can use our convenient instant filter cartridge cleaner on a week to week basis.
How to clean your WTW-0109 / PWW50 / SC714 / 6CH-940 filter cartridge:
- Check your spa manual for the manufacturers instructions on how to remove your filters.
- Turn off the power supply to your hot tub and remove your filter cartridges.
- Removal of physical debris should be done using water pressure either from a hose or a specialised cartridge cleaning tool such as a water wand cartridge cleaner.
- Our filters are compatible with filter cleaning products such as Immerse cartridge cleaner. They should be left to soak overnight for thorough deep cleaning of the filter pores.
- Find a bucket large enough to fully immerse your PWW50 filter. Insert your filters into the bucket, top up to above the level of the top of the filters with warm or cold water, then add the contents of the Immerse sachet.
- Ensure that the Immerse is dispersed and dissolves into the water and then leave to soak overnight.
- After soaking overnight, remove the filters from the bucket and hose down all the pleats with fresh water. This will remove any residue of the filter cleaning solution. Then leave to dry – this allows the filter pores to tighten back up again to ensure maximum filtration performance when they are refitted into your hot tub.
How long will my hot tub filters last?
If you have just one set of filters in constant use, discard them responsibly and replace with new ones every 12 months.
For best results we recommend using two sets of cartridges in rotation, with one set in service in the hot tub and the other set on standby. This means that you don’t have any spa downtime when your filters are being cleaned. If you rotate both sets equally, your PWW50 filter will last up to 2 years.
|Filter length (cm)|
|Filter diameter (cm)|
|Filter area (sq ft)||
Closed with handle
Coarse male SAE 1 1/2 inch (3.8cm) thread
|DiamondPleat reference code||
|Darlly reference code||
|Filbur reference code||
|Great Barrier reference code||
|Magnum reference code||
|Pleatco reference code||
|Unicel reference code||